Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Quick note and more photos

Our internet is still very sketchy so I'm trying to type a note before it goes down again.

I think our Cuban friends will be leaving us on Saturday.  I am told that 42 of the individuals here will be leaving for El Salvador, but we are not sure if that is everyone that is here or if some will be left behind,  we are praying that they all are able to leave and that their travels are safe. 

We continue to do more painting but may be able to start bending some rebar to prepare for the frame for the columns for the ramp.  I suppose we need to settle down and just be in God's will, although it is very difficult to do at times.  We all want to really get to some hard labor, but it just isn't happening the way we planned...... and maybe, quite possibly, there is a lesson in that.

I tell you though.... we pray that the image of Christians, and Americans that the folks here is an image that they also encounter when they reach their final destinations.  Some are going to Florida, some California, and I'm sure other places... but we pray that if nothing else, they look and find the love that they so deserve.  Wherever God carries them. 

Being here, in this place, at this time, has certainly impacted me an my team in more ways than I can explain right now.

We hope you are all enjoying the snow, we are enjoying the hot sun.....

God bless and carry you, through good and bad times.  Love and peace from our team to all of you. 















No comments:

Post a Comment